Monday, July 27, 2009

simple baby blanket





This is for a baby boy that is due very soon.  I made my first baby blanket like this when my friend who is due with this baby boy had a set of girl twins about 3 1/2 years ago.  I got to use some bright pink flannels and polka dots.  I like this blanket because I can make it in a day and l love to see how each of the different fabrics fray.  I used a stripy quilters cotton that I have been saving for the perfect boy project (this was it), some flannel, and some soft gray corduroy. I  made my strips anywhere from 3" wide (by 32") up to 8" wide. My mom made a great tutorial for this blanket on her blog here that I refer to when I forget the dimensions and need a refresher! 

11 comments:

Francesca Morgan said...

it looks great! i love your blog!

chris said...

What fun color combinations! I'm sure baby will love to be snuggled inside.

Stacey said...

I love it because there is no binding...that is the hardest part for me!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

I LUUUUVVV that blanket Traci! I want to make one for my little guy. Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness. A quilt even a non quilter like myself can do. I must thank your mom.

dana said...

What a sweet blanket! LOVE the color scheme.

Amie Kirk said...

Love the blanket! Great colors for a little boy! I must try one of these one day soon :o)!
I would love for you to check out my new crafting blog http://lafftycrafty.blogspot.com/

Very Shannon said...

This looks great! I love how it turned out!

Jessica said...

Really cute blanket. This simultaneously makes me want to have child just for the soft snuggly blankets, and to break out my sewing machine and get to work.

Anonymous said...

back from vacation and ready to sew before things get too hectic around here. Love this blanket--the texture is awesome...thinking might do something like this for my sis's baby. Used to crochet the new babies blankets but can't imagine doing that this summer and the baby is due in 3 weeks.

urban craft said...

I adore this blanket! You make it look so easy too.