Thursday, April 22, 2010

warm california sun and a derby celebration

I just went to visit the family for a week in San Diego. I took my two youngest (the ones not in school yet) and it was a greatly needed week with family. I was able to meet my new nephew, spend time with my sisters, celebrate my mom's birthday and spend a day at Disneyland. My two children that were with me on the trip had never been, so they were extra giddy that day. Gage claims that Mallory had been before since the last time I went to Disneyland, I was pregnant with her. But, I don't think that counts. My sister made a jewelry holder that turned out awesome and she and my mom were suggesting ways you could add a piece of fabric on the bottom to hold your earrings. I'll have to get to work on that.


Right before I left to San Diego, I finished up a piece of jewelry for a local cause that was having a Derby Preview Party and auction.



I was also able to make a necklace for my mom's birthday along with a case for her glasses. I finished some custom pendants as well. I love doing those, so if you need one for Mother's Day, convo me or send me an email and we can work together.


Okay and now that I am back and rolling, here is an invitation to join me and Melissa of The Polka Dot Chair for our Derby Party. It starts next week and here's what you can enjoy -

- Giveaways (starting this Friday, April 23rd over at The Polka Dot Chair)

- Craft Ideas

- Recipes

- Party Ideas
This is a chance to show you what fun we have during the Derby Celebration that started last Saturday with Thunder Over Louisville - a large fireworks show. We have chow wagons along the river that are there for two weeks and lots of activities, parades, and entertainment. We just pick out a few of these to attend and usually have a little Derby party of our own. Lots of fun, so come and join in!

3 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

oh my gosh! Just saw your cute NEW header!!! LOVE the horse!!
I never saw the ones you did for the auction, they look so cute!!! I love how you tied your name on...

Anonymous said...

How did I never realize that you were in Louisville? I'm just down the road in Frankfort!

Jennwith4 said...

Someday my husband will take me to Louisville for the Derby. *sigh*