Wednesday, March 21, 2012

sweet baby quilt for baby boy

One baby quilt at a time - that's my progress timeline with quilting. I like to quilt, but just a bit! A few years ago, I printed off this Sweet Baby Quilt pattern by Jackie Clark at Windham Fabrics online. I forgot about it until I was going through my big binder of sewing ideas and found it. I thought it would be a great easy pattern for me to go beyond the last two baby blankets I made with just strips like here and here. I changed up the sides a little because I didn't have enough fabric to do a solid strip on all four sides, so I added another fabric to help. The back of the quilt is a soft grey corduroy that I got at WalMart a few years ago when they were getting rid of their fabric department. I just used a very lose chain pattern for the quilting to keep it simple!

2 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely quilt, love the fabrics used. :)

Mrs. Rogers said...

Ooooo, good I really love! I started my first quilt a month ago but still haven't finished! Yours looks great!